Thursday, February 11, 2010

Record week for Carol's Ferals

Trying to figure out why I'm so exhausted and just looking back at the astonishing week we had!

63 cats fixed in 3 days. That's a record for sure! I think the most cats spayed/neutered in one week was 52 sometime last summer.

This is the smaller of the hauls on Tuesday night!

Total take was: Sunday night 28, Monday night 20, Tuesday night 15

Big thanks to Kelinda Scott a groovy gal who has a passion for spaying and neutering everything she can get her hands on. Be careful around her gentlemen! She's as off the hook passionate as I am.

Brought 33 of our 63 cats last week. All had some level of upper resperatory infection and all are plagued with horrible poop parasites which leads to the most vile smell which had me retching Sunday night so much that I thought Kelinda was gonna pee her pants laughing at me. I was exhausted after that feeling as if I had actually coughed up several hairballs. Gotta love a gag reflex.

Anyway......the cats are sick as hell and we are going to keep them till they are well. There are under a dozen more to capture and Kelinda will work on that this coming week. Thus our closing down Brooknelle to all potential trapping outside of the colony she is working on.

I should mention that these are not cats on Kelinda's property. They are tended to by someone living nearly an hour further south of her. Travel time for her is a-plenty. She's amazing.

Here's a video from Sunday night once cats were at Bruce's office for overnight stay before Monday morning surgeries. I had to take a video as I couldn't get 28 cats into one photo. Amazed that they all fit into one HEARSE!!!

http://img294.yfrog.com/i/5iu.mp4/


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home