Montcalm Issues
Dear Feral Friends,
A year after we all got involved in the mess at the Animal Shelter in Montcalm, little has changed. While it was surely a victory getting the Class B Animal Dealer out of the shelter, we still have very unscrupulous individuals involved in animal care in that county and without change, nothing will ever be truly good for the innocents of Montcalm County.
I have not been blogging much lately as I'm trying to give less of a personal voice to this blog and become somewhat more professional and organizationally minded. But despite that attempt, I am feeling the need for the catharsis that for the past 4 years, only this blog has been able to provide.
Not wanting to confuse my animals advocacy work with Carol's Ferals, I feel the need to tread lightly on topics not relating to feral and free-romaing cat TNR and spay/neuter. It is of course our mission. But I'd be remiss not to mention the plight of the animals in Montcalm. Because I am personally invested in the care of these animals I can't help but spew my feelings onto this blog.
Could I have my own personal blog for all this? Yes. But you who read my blog know me and know how passionate I am about animal welfare and it will always be a component of Carol's Ferals so I feel it need to stay here.
I would like for all of you who read this blog and care about animals to frequent the cccmontcalm facebook page. There you will find all of the up to the minute news regarding the animal shelter and what is being attempted to be done by many very compassionate people and what is being squelched by those who have a passion for something other than the animals....namely profit.
I said it before and I will say it again. What we have in Montcalm County are two factions. One that has a passion for compassion and one that has a passion for profit. Until the scale tips in favor of those who are passionate about animal welfare, we are only treading water. It's time for change in Montcalm County. We need to be heard loudly and clearly. Anyone who is in a position of authority in that County needs to switch teams quickly else I'm afraid for the animals of Montcalm.
facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/CCCMontcalm/282168059816?ref=ts
also, the cccmontcalm.org website is back up and is a great resource:
http://www.cccmontcalm.org/
Lake Haven's website featuring Montcalm issues is stellar and includes the 4 pages of USDA violations of R&R Research:
http://www.lakehavenrescue.org/montcalm.htm
And if you twitter, please follow this:
http://twitter.com/NoPoundSeizure
MLIVE article by Mary Ullmer:
http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/unleashed_montcalm_residents_a.html


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home