The return of the blog
Hello Feral Friends!
I'm amazed any of you still read this blog. I've been overwhelmed with communications options lately and since facebook and twitter are able to be done from my new nifty smart phone, I have been even more neglectful of blogging.
But my good friend and board member, Kolene Allen is going to set it up so that each time I blog, it will upload to the carol's ferals facebook page AND the carol's ferals twitter account.
How exciting. We will be automated. Now, if I could figure out a way to have a machine scoop litter boxes, life would be perfect!
This has been a record week for Carol's Ferals. In three days we have taken 63 cats in for spay/neuter. That will teach our vet, Dr. Bruce Langlois to leave for a week to go to Micronesia to spay and neuter wild dogs! The funny thing is that today he said to bring twice as many next week! Gotta love the man!
Been really busy adjusting to having people to actually delegate responsibility to. One would think the work load would get easier with more people on board to help. But for some reason, I find myself more overwhelmed and busy. I'm thinking my heavy touch of what I'm calling A.D.D for lack of a better turn is kicking into high gear these days. Trouble focusing. But thankful that it's not just me who has to focus anymore.
February 20th, marks the 4 year anniversary of Carol's Ferals. It was on that day in 2006 that I set my first trap for high volume TNR. I'm not sure what we should do to celebrate. Maybe I'll crunch some numbers and try to get a real total of the cats we've fixed. And then do the math on how many unwanted births we have circumvented since diving in head first into what I will call the greatest undertaking of my life.
I'm so grateful to all of my supporters, volunteers, board members and staff. I am lucky beyond words. Thank you all who realize the need for TNR and for helping me to spread the word! One day, TNR will be a household word!
: ) Carol


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home